- Setup URL Definition.
- My URL has the form sftp://servername/destination_directory. Did not specify the port number, which generally is 22.
- Setup URL properties. In my case AUTHTYPE is password, as I am using a basic userid/password type of authentication. Other types like using private/public keys is also available, but I haven't tried that yet. (I did try it here)
- I encrypted the password using the password encryption option available on this page.
- Note: Though the password is encrypted online, the actual value is stored in a plain text field in the db, so can be queried using a query tool (PS_PT_URL_PROPS, is the name of the table where the properties are stored)
- Now test this via the PeopleTools Test Utility page. Once you this working proceed to the next step.
- Develop an AE program and add a peoplecode step.
- The following code will do the trick
where MY_URL is the URL definition created above
&filename is the filename as in test.txt
and &fullpathtofile is the complete path as in C:\temp\test.txt
That's all, works like a charm, so no more 3rd party products.